Michael Montanaro, Silvy Panet-Raymond, Elizabeth Langley
Michael Montanaro, Associate Professor and Chair
- Graduate of Hartford Conservatory
- former Assistant Artistic Director of le Groupe
de la Place Royale
- founder and choreographer of Montanaro Dance
- has choreographed for a number of companies such
as Winnipeg Contemporary Dancers, Danse Partout, the National Film Board
of Canada, l'Opéra de Montréal
- collaborated on video sensing systems to create interactive
works at the "Institute for Studies in the Arts", Arizona State
- has travelled world-wide as a consultant for an interactive
image museum project based in Portugal.
- Choreographer for Varekai, a Cirque du Soleil production.
Tel: 514-848-2424 ext. 4739
Office: GM 500-69
Silvy Panet-Raymond, Professor
- Studied with Elizabeth Langley, and many of the
prominent choreographers and teachers in New York and London, England
- Was a member of the Rosemary Butcher Dance Co. in London, UK
- Co-founder of Dancework (London), Tangente, Danse
- Extensive experience in Europe, Canada and Mexico, as choreographer, performer,
critic and collaborator with visual artists and musicians - with funding from
provincial and federal arts councils and intergovernmental affairs.
- Winner of Best Director award with René-Richard Cyr and Michel Lemieux
for "Solide Salad" by Michel Lemieux, A.D.I.S.Q. 1985.
- Was commissionned by UNEQ (Quebec's Writers' Union)
and l'Agora de la Danse to collaborate with writer Yolande Villemaire for
the 1997 Festival de la littérature.
- Guest lecturer in Russia, the Rotterdam Dance Academy, the Netherlands, Croatia.
- Solo commissioned by Marija Scekic premièred at the International Music Biennale in Zagreb April 07.
- Presented her performance work 'Permis d'exploitation' for performers Caroline Dubois and Chrisitian LeBlanc and with band Bellerocaille at Artivistic/The Upgrade Mtl 2007, Studio 303, Off TransAmériques and installation performance 'Logement Alloué' with Belinda Campbell, Caroline Dubois, Christian LeBlanc, Marianne Lamarre
- Choreography mentor for emerging and established dance artists
Tel: 514-848-2424 ext. 4738
Office: GM 500-65
kg Guttman, Assistant Professor
- Her interdisciplinary practice includes choreography, video, drawing and installation.
- Was invited artist in residence at the Palais de Tokyo and Pointe Éphémère(Paris), le Transpalette (Bourges), the international network Les Pépinières européennes pour jeunes artistes (France).
- Elapse I & II, her artist project book, is part of the collection at the Musée des Beaux-Arts de Montréal and the Library of the National Gallery of Canada, Ottawa.
- Exhibited, performed and presented her choreography across Canada and internationally.
- Received commissions for the Canada Dance Festival, LeGroupe Lab de Danse, the Dance department of the University of Sonora, Hermosillo, Mexico, the School of Dance in Ottawa, and Montréal Danse.
- Received research funding from the Canada Council for the Arts, Centre Interuniversitaire des Arts Médiatiques (CIAM), Culturesfrance, and the City of Ottawa Cultural Affairs Office.
- Obtained her Masters in Fine Arts in Open Media at Concordia University completing her degree as an invited guest student of advanced studies in performance at DasArts Post Graduate Studies, (Amsterdam).
- Was a full time company dancer at LeGroupe Dance Lab (Peter Boneham) from 1999-2003.
Tel: 514-848-2424 ext. 4746
Office: GM 500-67
Elizabeth Langley, Professor Emeritus, retired